About BCMC Events Schedule Club Forums Hut Booking News - Media Club Resources Search
Trip Information
Name: Squamish Rock Climbing (Friday)
Starts: Fri Aug 12, 2016
Meetup: 7am @ St Davids Church, Hwy 1 & Taylor Way
Return: Fri Aug 12, 2016

Registration opens: Sun Jul 31, 2016
Event category: Rock Climbing
Difficulty grade: A5  [?]
For members only: Yes
Screening used: Yes
Max participants: 4

Organizer: James Beilharz
Profile info:
Trip Planning Questions

What is your current climbing level?

Will you bring a rope and/or trad gear?

Can you drive to/from Squamish area?

Login to Join BCMC Trips

You must login in order to sign up online for one of the BCMC Trips. If you don't have a BCMC membership account then please obtain one.  If you'd prefer to learn more before joining then please join as a 30-day Guest member.   Some trips are BCMC members only.

Participant Information

UPDATE: the plan is to climb at the Woodstock Wall in Murrin Park where there are several well-bolted single-pitch moderate routes.

Linked from www.quickdrawpublications.com

All participants should be able to lead-belay.  Preference may be given to those with experience leading.  Those in the Vancouver area will meet at 7AM at St. David's Church parking lot near Hwy 1 and Taylor Way, West Vancouver.  Those closer to Squamish will meet at the Murrin Park parking lot at 7:45am.  If you need a ride, or wish to carpool, please post a request in this trip's planning forum.  Those returning to Vancouver, we'll plan the day so you arrive back in Vancouver by 2PM to hopefully avoiding much of the late afternoon "rush hour" traffic.

Emergency contact info: if you haven't added it yet, please log into the club website and click on: My Account > Edit Profile Information > Private Info and add it (note: you'll need to re-enter your password).  Your emergency contact info will be stored *privately* and made available to those organizing trips *you* choose to attend.

Cancellation due to weather: - I'll check the online weather forecast for where and when we're going on the evening before the trip... lately I've been using The Weather Network (hourly)... and if the forecast is 40% PoP or less then we'll most likely go.  Anything *above* 40% PoP and the trip will in most cases be cancelled.

NOTE: if you've answered my trip screening questions for one of my *recent* outings then you don't need to re-answer them... unless the answers have changed :-)

Other trips or events organized by this BCMC member
Copyright © 2020 British Columbia Mountaineering Club