|BCMC Members List:||Online list of BCMC members.||- only visible to current BCMC members.|
|BCMC Memberships List:||Number of BCMC memberships.||- only visible to current BCMC members.|
|For New Members:||How to become a club member||- purchase your first 12-months membership|
|For Existing Members:||How to renew your membership||- continue enjoying the BCMC|
|Membership Rates:||BCMC Membership Costs||- table of all available memberships|
- Gain access to over 450 Club Trips and Courses per year...
- we offer Hiking, Scrambling, Climbing, Mountaineering, Skiing, Snowshoeing and other types of trips.
- we offer lots of courses in many outdoor activities such as intro skiing, climbing and mountaineering.
- we are active locally, in the Coast Mountains, in Western Canada, Western USA and Overseas.
- we offer fun trips for all levels - Novice to Expert.
- Learn how to Scramble, Climb and Ski with us: members have priority in signing-up for over 20 yearly club courses and instructional trips. Some of them fill up fast, so it’s good to have that member - priority!
- Find Hiking, Skiing or Climbing Partners via our ‘Partner List’: find compatible partners for over 100 climbing, skiing and hiking routes In addition you may find Grouse Grinders, Kayakers, Mountain Bikers, climbing Families with Kids, Seniors and Weekday-Climbers. The ‘Partner List’ provides new Members with an instant partner network to help you organize private trips, whether novice or expert.
- Meet new friends with similar interests among the club's many* outdoor enthusiasts of all ages, abilities and nationalities (*900 active member accounts on 16-Sept-2014).
- Save with free bookings for BCMC cabins in the Mt. Waddington, North Creek, and Mountain Lake areas (there's a $10 fee per night for anyone without a BCMC membership).
- Enjoy member-only access to the BCMC Library, which includes around 800 mountaineering books and journals.
- Join other members for the club's monthly Socials (except July & Aug) at the Anza Club, located near MEC in Vancouver. There will be a presentation focused on the outdoors then a chance to casually meet other members to share outdoor trip info and plans.
- Connect on the many website Forums where you can ask questions, exchange trip-related information, leave comments, and much more.
- Receive the BCMC monthly Newsletter from either the website or in print (mailed out), including the latest club news and a recent trip report.
- Stay current through the club's bi-weekly e-News email that includes the latest news, a list of upcoming trips and courses, plus updates in local recreation and conservation issues.
- Optionally, purchase a copy of The B.C. Mountaineer journal (only $10) that's published every two years, and contains a selection of the club's trip reports along with topical information about club events and wilderness news.
- Become part of the club's future and help others by volunteering a few hours a month. The club thrives and succeeds when many of the members are active within the club, including organizing trips, helping setup courses, and volunteering to help the Executive Team with some of the general tasks needed to run the club.
Discounts at several outdoor retailers for BCMC Members with a paid-up membership: Your membership can pay for itself in no time!
Note: You must present your 'BCMC Membership Card' in order to receive a Merchant Discount. Please print your membership card online: you must be logged in to your BCMC account, click on 'My Account' button visible at the top of any page; then click on the 'Print Membership Card' link.
- 10% Discount at Mountain Equipment Co-op during special private club nights typically held each spring and fall.
- 10% Discount at Cliffhanger Climbing Gym (Vancouver) on all day passes and memberships.
- 10% Discount at Climb Base5 Climbing Gym (Coquitlam) on all day passes and memberships.
- 10% Discount at Rack Attack (Vancouver) on full prices. Bike, Ski, Boat, Cargo Racks, Roof Boxes from THULE, YAKIMA.
- 10% Discount at Gold Star Shoe Rebuilders (Vancouver - Dunbar) resoling rock shoes), hiking boots, plus any work on city shoes.
- 15% Discount at Sea-to-Sky-Gondola on round-trip gondola tickets in Squamish. Easy access for great hiking, climbing, snowshoeing and alpine skiing (4 bowls) around Mt. Habrich, Sky Pilot, Co-Pilot and Goat Ridge. Please buy your discount ticket at Guest Services, not at the ticket window.
- 17% Discount at MonodSports.com (website sales only) Banff's biggest trekking-climbing-ski retailer. Enjoy 10% off all regularly priced merchandise, then save another 7% on *No PST* (store located in AB) for a total savings of 17%. To setup an online account with Monod Sports, please email your full name and email address (that's registered with us) to the BCMC Marketing Team.
- 10 to 20% Discount at Canada West Mountain School The leading guiding outfit on the West Coast and BCMC’s educational partner – first class professional outdoor instruction by licensed instructors and guides. Check our BCMC Courses page for more information.
- 20% Discount at STRÜB Land & Sea Activewear (Granville Island) on all regular priced items. A well assorted outdoor retailer. Select from: ARC’TERYX • MERRELL • ICEBREAKER • MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR • COLUMBIA • KÜHL • DEUTER.
- 20% Discount at Richmond Olympic Oval Climbing Wall Members receive a 20% discount on drop in rates and waived registration fees for membership. Drop in rates provide access to all facilities within the oval.
- 20% Discount at Bauly Specialty Foods (Ontario). Several BCMC members buy it for longer trips and comment: “Excellent - very tasty - loved it - best flavoured packaged meals around.”- A small, reliable family business. Perfect if you compile an order. They adjust recipes for you (diets, spiciness). Sometimes you get their food at MEC - at a 43% higher price!
- 20 to 35% Discount at Cypress Mountain Resort Group discounts available for season's passes. E-mail BCMC member 'Radmila' before September 25th in order to get the links and promo codes for this Early Bird/Group Discount. % Discount varies depending on the season.
- 30% Discount at Icebreaker Stores at 4th. Ave./Kits during special BCMC club nights 2 times a year.
- Up to 32% Discount at Zipcar BCMC Members qualify to sign up for their 'Business Plan' - The one time setup fee of $75 is waived - The annual fee is $30 instead of $65 - Daily rates are up to 32% discounted (good for Mon to Fri). Sat & Sun rates are according to their 'Everything Plan'. Sign-up via this link only
- 40% Discount at Rock & Ice Magazine US (North America’s) premier Climbing Magazine. Email the BCMC Marketing Team for promo code.
- 70% Discount at Gripped Magazine Canada’s premier Climbing Magazine. Get 6 issues/yr for significantly less than you'd pay at the newsstands! Email the BCMC Marketing Team for promo code.
Note: All discounts are subject to change without notice. The merchant has final say on its discount program.
NEW: As a Frequent Trip Organizer(1) you can participate in the BCMC's "PRO Discount Program" with discounts of up to 50% on major brands. Must show BCMC PRO-Card for discounts below:
50% PRO Discount with Outdoor Research who creates innovative, functional outdoor gear and clothing for hiking, climbing, skiing, and paddling using GORE-TEX, Pertex, Polartec
- 40% PRO Discount with G3 who creates award winning Backcountry Skis, Bindings, Skins, Splitboards, and more
- 50% PRO Discount with Dakine who builds backpacks, bags, gloves and accessories for surf, skate, snowboard, ski, mountain bike, windsurf and kite.
Up to 60% PRO Discount with Black Diamond who is dedicated to designing and constructing the world's best climbing, skiing & mountain gear
- 15% PRO Discount at Gold Star Shoe Rebuilders. Located in Vancouver-Dunbar, repairing, resoling climbing and all outdoor shoes – including your regular shoes.
- 20% Discount at Patagonia at Vancouver’s Kitsilano Store. Premier outdoor apparel, footwear, accessories and packs for hikers, climbers and skiers. Men - Women - Kids & Baby - Packs & Travel Gear.
- 20% Discount at Icebreaker on full priced merchandise at the Kitsilano & Park Royal Store. Fashionable high end Merino Wool layers for the whole body. Cool and odorless in summer - warm and odorless in winter.
- 50% PRO Discount at Helly Hansen Web Shop. Complete outdoor and climbing apparel used by world-class skiers, climbers and adventurers who demand full protection and performance when the conditions are bad. Save big on your outdoor gear!
- 25 to 50% PRO Discount at experticity.com (USA). Save on over 300 outdoor brands. Most companies offer 40% PRO Discount.
- If you use a Canadian shipping address:
Mountain Smith-Camp Gear 40% • Gregory Packs 40% • National Geographic 25% • Intuition Liners 25% • Nikwax 40% • Loki-Apparel 30% • plus 44 other brands.
- If you use a US shipping address (e.g. Parcel Service(2) in Blaine or Point Roberts):
Petzl 40% • Scarpa 40% • La Sportiva 40% • Evolv 40% • Icebreaker 40% • Big Agnes 40% • Sierra Designs 40% • BCA 35% • Kelty 40% • Trango 33% • Delorme 25% • Magellan 40% • Leki 45% • Zamberlan 35% • Millet 45% • Adidas 25% • Timex 45% • Sony 30% • Bushnell 55% • Timbuk2 40% • Oasics 40% • plus all brands from point (a) above • and 235 other brands.
Apply with the BCMC Marketing Team for your Pro-Discount and tell our incentive-volunteer what 4 qualifying trips you organized during the past 12 months and you will get the promo codes and other information necessary to receive those PRO Discounts. Note that to qualify, the trips must have taken place with at least one other member signed-up, and trips that got cancelled or deleted from the trip list do not qualify.
(1) Any Member who organized 4 qualifying club trips during the past 12 months can apply for the BCMC “PRO Discount” Program.
(2) Parcel Service in Blaine/USA or Point Roberts/USA: You can easily set up via email an account at a Parcel Service operated in the USA (for instance at pulsepackage.com – no annual fee – .50 flat fee per parcel – Canadian owned – get an email notification when parcel arrives - pay online or in store). It is your responsibility to clear Canada Customs with your goods upon returning to Canada -- depending on your circumstances, you may or may not have to pay duties and/or taxes.
Website Guest Members: Free
- Try out the BCMC for 30 days for free!
- It only takes 5 minutes to sign up for a one-time free Guest membership.
- You will get immediate access to join many** of the club's Trips, read the Forum, search the Partner List, read the monthly Newsletter online and receive the bi-weekly e-News.
- Before your free 30-day Guest membership trial period expires, we hope that you'll decide to purchase a 12-month membership and take advantage of the numerous member-only benefits that were listed earlier on this page.
- **Please note that some trips are not open to Guests and in every case BCMC members will have priority when registering for trips and courses.
Adult Members: $40
- 12 Months membership valid from the date you join; must be 19 years and over; Printed Newsletter costs extra per year.
- New members join the BC Mountaineering Club as “Associate" members.
- “Associate members” are converted to "Active" members after a) when you sign up for a second consecutive year of membership - or - b) participate in 2 club trips during your first term. Note: after participating in 2 club trips, your status is not automatically changed to "Active"; you must have two "Active" members that have been on at least one of your trips to endorse your application to move from "Associate" to "Active". Refer to section 5.b) of the Constitution and By-Laws.
- Associate members and Active members have access to the same club services.
- However, Active members have voting rights at the club's Annual General Meeting and are eligible to become members of the club Executive.
Youth Members: $20
- 12 Months membership valid from the date you join; 18 years and under; Printed Newsletter costs extra per year.
- Youth members and Adult members have access to the same club services.
- However, Active members have voting rights at the club's Annual General Meeting and are eligible to become members of the club Executive, while Youth Members have to get a Parent or Legal Guardian to sign a different version of waiver. For this legal reason, Youth Members may not join the club electronically.
Life Members: $800
- Membership valid for your lifetime no age limitations or other restrictions. However, joining for a Life Membership requires the use of our paper membership form.
- The Life Membership is often purchased by existing BCMC members, but when purchased by first time members the 12 months Associate member rule applies. Printed Newsletter costs extra per year for life memberships purchased in 2014 and later.
BCMC Senior Members: $20
- 12 months membership - Printed Newsletter costs extra per year.
- The Senior Membership is only available if you have been a member for 25 consecutive years and are 65 + years of age. ----You must apply to the club Executive to obtain this membership, so please apply via email, phone, or at a club social meeting.
Not a Member?
- Join us at our monthly Social Meeting at the renovated Anza Club, 3 West 8th Ave., Vancouver, every second Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm (except July and August).
- To sign-up for one of our trips please sign-up for the FREE 30-day Guest Membership first.