About BCMC Events Schedule Club Forums Hut Booking News - Media Club Resources Search
Trip Information
Name: Marriott Basin
Starts: Tue Jan 10, 2017
Meetup: Taylor Way Church 6:00 am
Return: Thu Jan 12, 2017

Registration opens: Sun Jan 01, 2017
Event category: Backcountry Skiing
Difficulty grade: B2/3  [?]
For members only: Yes
Screening used: Yes
Max participants: 6

Organizer: Steve Pollak
Profile info:
Trip Planning Questions

1. Do you have a 4x4 and can you drive?

2. Do you have AST1 or higher?

3. What is your backcountry experience?

4. Are you an ACC member as well? ($15 per night -- $30 total)

Login to Join BCMC Trips

You must login in order to sign up online for one of the BCMC Trips. If you don't have a BCMC membership account then please obtain one.  If you'd prefer to learn more before joining then please join as a 30-day Guest member.   Some trips are BCMC members only.

Participant Information

** Update:  Four participants are confirmed.  There is now room for 2 more.

Ski in on Jan 10.  Stay two nights.  Ski out on Jan 12.

This is to gauge interest before I make hut reservations.  Cost is $20 per night for the two nights.  Full refund if we cancel if avi is HIGH on departure date.  Availability is limited to 4 participants.  You should have some experience as a backcountry skier or splitboarder.  Ski out may be difficult for a splitboarder.  Weather forecast is iffy, but I'm hoping they're wrong this far out.

Minimum requirements:  beacon, probe, shovel and have recently practised using them, AST 1, and the 10 essentials

A couple links to the hut website for your information:



Here is the weather link I used:


I will wait until there are at least 4 participants on the waiting list (including me).  The first 4 participants on the waiting list will be confirmed, and then I will pay for the hut reservation if the hut is still available for this trip.  Confirmed participants are required to send me a $40 e-transfer within one day of being confirmed.  Non-payment will put you back on the wait list and the next person will be confirmed.

There is no guarantee that the hut will be available until the reservation is made.

Other trips or events organized by this BCMC member
Steve Pollak Grade: B2/3 Start: Fri 22 Dec '17
M:5, C:4, W:0
Day trip via Squamish Valley
Steve Pollak Grade: A5 Start: Thu 31 Aug '17
M:4, C:4, W:1
Moderate 5.8 to 5.10a sport or trad
Steve Pollak Grade: A5 Start: Thu 17 Aug '17
M:4, C:4, W:0
Moderate 5.8 to 10a routes between Murrin and Area 44
Copyright © 2020 British Columbia Mountaineering Club