About BCMC Events Schedule Club Forums Hut Booking News - Media Club Resources Search
Trip is cancelled
Trip Information
Name: Mount Shuksan (pending covid 19 / border reopening)
Starts: Sat Aug 01, 2020
Meetup: TBD
Return: Sun Aug 02, 2020

Registration opens: Sat Jun 27, 2020
Event category: Mountaineering
Difficulty grade: C5  [?]
For members only: Yes
Screening used: Yes
Max participants: 4

Organizer: Philippe Lambrette
Profile info:
Trip Planning Questions

Please answer the questions only if I have not been on a trip with you in the last 6 months.

Do you have scrambling and rock climbing experience?

Are you comfortable travelling on steep snow?

When was the last time you practiced crevasse rescue?

Do you have a valid passport?

Login to Join BCMC Trips

You must login in order to sign up online for one of the BCMC Trips. If you don't have a BCMC membership account then please obtain one.  If you'd prefer to learn more before joining then please join as a 30-day Guest member.   Some trips are BCMC members only.

Participant Information

One of the classic, standard route on Shuksan. We will hike in and camp before the sulfide glacier on Saturday, have an alpine start early on Sunday to attempt the peak. The trip will be dependent on the weather (we might shift by a day Sunday/Monday, if the weather is better).

A short summary of the route can be found here: https://www.summitpost.org/sulphide-glacier/155524

A Northwest Forest Pass is required for each vehicle. This can be obtained from the ranger station in Glacier, or online at https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r6/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=fsbdev2_027009

All participants need to fill in COVID-19 Assessment (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en) and will have to answer "NO" to all questions. Thank you

Other trips or events organized by this BCMC member
Philippe Lambrette Grade: D5 Start: Mon 10 May '21
M:4, C:2, W:2
Climbing Denali (Mt Logan in case of Covid)
Philippe Lambrette Grade: A5 Start: Sat 24 Oct '20
M:2, C:3, W:1
Climbing at Smoke Bluffs
Philippe Lambrette Grade: C4 Start: Sat 17 Oct '20
M:3, C:3, W:2
Attempt to summit The Copilot via NE gully
Copyright © 2021 British Columbia Mountaineering Club