About BCMC Events Schedule Club Forums Hut Booking News - Media Club Resources Search
Trip is cancelled
Trip Information
Name: Easy Trad Climbing at Smoke Bluffs
Starts: Thu Aug 06, 2020
Meetup: Smoke Bluffs parking lot at 4pm
Return: Thu Aug 06, 2020

Registration opens: Tue Jul 28, 2020
Event category: Rock Climbing
Difficulty grade: A5  [?]
For members only: No
Screening used: Yes
Max participants: 6

Organizer: Philip Gibbs
Profile info:
Trip Planning Questions

1. Did you fill out the questionnaire regarding Covid-19 at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en? If yes, what were your results? Please also post your results in the trip planning forum.

2. Are you able to drive yourself to Squamish and back?

3. What is your Trad experience?

4. Can you bring a rope and/or trad rack?

Login to Join BCMC Trips

You must login in order to sign up online for one of the BCMC Trips. If you don't have a BCMC membership account then please obtain one.  If you'd prefer to learn more before joining then please join as a 30-day Guest member.   Some trips are BCMC members only.

Participant Information

Please answer all of of the questions in the BC Covid-19 Symptom Self Assessment Tool questionnaire found here:  https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en

An afternoon of practicing trad leading at one of the easier areas of Smoke Bluffs. We'll meet at 4 in the parking lot.

You must bring personal climbing gear including: harness, belay device, locking biners, climbing shoes, and helmet. Also bring plenty of water.

Ropes, gear & anchor material for this event are provided by participants and not by the club. If you have a full strength climbing rope, trad gear and anchor material, please do bring it. I do have a trad rack, but if more people can bring trad gear, that will be great.

I see this as a chance to practice and share feedback for novice trad leaders, but this is not a climbing course.

Cancellation due to weather: - check the weather forecast for where we're going on the morning of the trip (Environment Canada - weatheroffice.gc.ca). If the forecast is 40% PoP or less then we'll go. Anything *above* 40% PoP and the trip is automatically cancelled... *unless* the trip organizer contacts the group to say otherwise.

Other trips or events organized by this BCMC member
Philip Gibbs Grade: A5 Start: Tue 20 Apr '21
M:6, C:2, W:0
climbing at smoke bluffs with a preference for Octopus' Garden
Philip Gibbs Grade: B2 Start: Tue 9 Feb '21
M:6, C:4, W:0
Easy going trip to the Coquihalla
Philip Gibbs Grade: B2 Start: Mon 11 Jan '21
M:6, C:4, W:0
Weekday trip to Mt. Sproatt
Copyright © 2021 British Columbia Mountaineering Club