About BCMC Events Schedule Club Forums Hut Booking News - Media Club Resources Search
Trip Information
Name: Garibaldi Neve Traverse (incl Garibaldi summit)
Starts: Fri Feb 26, 2021
Meetup: TBD but early Friday morning
Return: Sun Feb 28, 2021

Registration opens: Tue Feb 23, 2021
Event category: Backcountry Skiing
Difficulty grade: C4  [?]
For members only: No
Screening used: Yes
Max participants: 6

Organizer: Dan R
Profile info:
Trip Planning Questions

Are you able to drive yourself? Do you have winter tires, chains, AWD/4WD?

What is your multi-day ski touring camping experience? How many touring days have you done this year?

What is your glacier travel and crevasse rescue experience?

Do you have a glacier rope? How long?

Do you have a winter tent?

Do you have a self-suifficient crevasse rescue kit?

Do you want to try to summit Garibaldi? Are you aware of the route/difficulty?

Can you give me your cell phone number? When is a good time to chat?

Is there someone else that would like to do the trip that you know and could form a rope team with?

Will you screen yourself using the BC covid screening process before starting the trip?

Login to Join BCMC Trips

You must login in order to sign up online for one of the BCMC Trips. If you don't have a BCMC membership account then please obtain one.  If you'd prefer to learn more before joining then please join as a 30-day Guest member.   Some trips are BCMC members only.

Participant Information

Note: I'll be out of cell range most of Wednesday, so if you're considering joining, best to apply or contact me Tues eve, though I can talk to people Wed eve as well.

My trip partner and I have been planning for the Neve and belatedly realized that this Fri-Sun looks like a good enough weather window. Trip is pending good weather since summitting is an important part of this trip. I'm throwing the trip open to others to add safety in numbers. If you know someone else that would like to join, please tell me their name if they would like to join too, as having a potential rope team that knows each other would be an asset. Plan is to start early Friday after shuffling the vehicles. Diamond Head to somewhere near the Neve highpoint first night, second day attempt Garibaldi and then camp down by Garibaldi Lk, and 3rd day out and retrieve vehicles. Because this is short notice for a 3 day trip, I'll be calling people to talk to them as part of the screening. I wouldn't say that folks have to plan to summit Garibaldi but if we have to split up, it may make for tricky logistics, so preference may be given to those wishing to summit. Preference also given to those with a pre-existing understanding of this traverse and experience, as there is a limited amount of time to prep ahead of time.

Other trips or events organized by this BCMC member
Dan Richardson Grade: A1 Start: Wed 2 Jun '21
M:8, C:4, W:0
Practice and discuss rescue systems
Dan Richardson Grade: C3 Start: Thu 1 Oct '20
M:4, C:2, W:0
3-day off-trail trip with Class 3 scrambling
Dan Richardson Grade: C3 Start: Tue 8 Sep '20
M:4, C:2, W:0
A high elevation scramble off the Duffey Lk Rd.
Copyright © 2021 British Columbia Mountaineering Club